D-WAVE IN MOTION
Arts education is a powerful tool. D-Wave in Motion is Dancewave's signature dance education program for NYC schools, community centers and public events.
D-Wave in Motion began in 2003 and has since reached many youth and adults throughout New York City through dance workshops, residencies, performance assemblies and professional development workshops.
Benefits of Arts Education with D-Wave in Motion:
- Programming for people ages 3-99+ years old
- Focus on whole-person development and restorative practices
- Physical, social and cognitive activities customized for participants
- Best practices from NYC Blueprint for Teaching & Learning, National Core Arts Standards and the Dancewave Culture Model
- In-school and community performance opportunities
D-Wave residencies encompass a variety of dance genres and ethnic forms, including Ballet, Modern, Creative Movement, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, African, Salsa, Flamenco, and Chinese dance. Workshops and residencies are offered both within school hours and during after school hours. The D-Wave in Motion program is available year-round and can last anywhere from a one-day workshop or master class to a year-long residency.
“We see our participating students making impressive strides, not only in dance literacy and technique, but also in self-initiative and self-confidence, successful collaboration with peers, and development of leadership skills.”
- Librarian/School Liaison, IS 75
Past residencies include: AHRC, Benjamin Banneker Academy, Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School, IS 75/PS 36, IS 145, Jill Chaifetz Transfer High School, Manhattan Comprehensive Nigh and Day High School, MS 61, MS 447, Norma Adams Clemons Academy, PS 6, PS 40, PS 106, PS 108, PS 131, PS 133, PS 169, PS 172, PS 209, PS 217, PS 236, PS 311, PS 315, Uncommon Schools, Urban Action Academy, Urban Assembly School of Law and Justice