Dancewave's Internship Program
Dancewave provides youth development through dance. We strongly believe that training and guiding future arts administrators is an essential and invaluable service to our community.
Dancewave offers internship opportunities to eligible candidates in areas such as School & Education Administration, Development & Fundraising and Marketing & Public Relations. Interns benefit from the chance to work alongside a team of highly motivated and professional individuals who are dedicated to an important cause. Added benefits include:
- Individual mentoring and professional development
- Participation in special events
- Complimentary dance & fitness classes
- Monthly transportation stipend
CURRENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Arts Administration Intern
The Arts Administration Internship at Dancewave is a great opportunity for a passionate and highly motivated individual interested in arts administration to gain active, hands-on experience in a non-profit arts organization. As an Arts Administration inter, you will work across multiple areas, including: development, marketing and communications, finance, and education. As an intern, you will contribute to long-term projects in addition to projects that are essential to day-to-day operations at Dancewave. This position is an incredible opportunity to develop new skills and contribute to the growth of an innovative, rapidly expanding arts organization.
- Providing administrative support by answering office phone lines, responding to general inquiries, email correspondence, and data entry
- Greeting visitors and answering questions regarding programs and services
- Attending meetings as directed and creating detailed task lists for follow up
- Completing research projects and synthesizing information to share with Dancewave staff
- Assist with planning, coordination, and advertising of Dancewave events, including Spring Gala (April 25) and Spring Season performances (May 18-20)
- Special projects as assigned
- Superb written and verbal communication skills & attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, professional office environment
- Passion for Dancewave's mission and commitment to serving youth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite; Salesforce a plus
Committment: 15-20 hours per week from January - June 2018
Compensation: Monthly transportation stipend available.
TO APPLY: Email resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Arts Administration Internship" in the subject title. No phone calls please.
Dancewave Interns Speak
MARIAH MARTENS D-Wave in Education Coordinator, Dancewave
(Arts in Education Intern at Dancewave, 2015)
"Working in arts administration is not easy, and it’s often a very thankless job, especially as someone used to performing and moving. But working as the D-Wave in Motion, Education Outreach Intern, I learned that it is probably one of THE most important jobs. And if I’m not going to do it, or others like me aren’t going to do it, who is? The arts, and dance especially, needs intelligent, hard-working, dedicated people willing to sit at a desk and write grants, plan workshops, professional developments and advocate to local and federal governments for funding. We need arts administrators who support working artist, students, teachers and our communities. Interning at Dancewave opened my eyes to all of this and needless to say I was honored when they asked me to continue as staff member and coordinator of our arts in education outreach program - D-Wave in Motion."
CHARLEY HARRIS Administrative Assistant at Martha Graham
(Education Intern, 2015-2016)
"Dancewave is a wonderful organization, not only for the education and services they provide their students but also the support it gives its staff and interns. My time as the Education intern was nothing short of enlightening. While I gained valuable experience in arts education, I was also able to get a sense of the other facets that allow this organization to run. Diane and her team allowed me to take the lead on projects and speak freely in discussions, which helped boost my self confidence in professional settings. Working with Dancewave has been one of the best times of my budding career."