DANCING THROUGH COLLEGE AND BEYOND 2014
Last year, over 350 of America's young dancers filled the halls of Marymount college to network and gather information about continuing their dance education. This year, Dancewave will welcome another 350 students to the fifth annual Dancing Through College and Beyond event, produced by Dancewave and hosted by Marymount Manhattan College, 221 East 71st Street on Sunday, October 19, 2014. The goal of this exciting, full-day event is to allow high school students to explore college dance opportunities, and to provide practical information about the admissions and audition processes.
Providing a much needed service to the dance industry, Dancing Through College and Beyond is a singular conference where talented young dancers connect with leading college dance faculty and dance professionals in the field. The day’s programming includes discussion panels with distinguished college dance department chairs and education specialists, movement classes taught by prominent dance faculty, and a college fair where students network with representatives of over 35 college dance departments from all over the United States. Students learn about the unique offerings of various dance departments, and how their programs open opportunities for careers in areas from performance to dance education. Panel discussions provide practical tips for submitting applications, requesting financial aid, and auditioning. We wrap up the day with a special performance by participating dance departments.
DTCB 2014 includes -
- One-on-one conversations with representatives of college dance departments
- Networking with current college dance students and alumni
- Movement classes for students taught by distinguished college dance faculty
- Panel discussions on the application process, audition tips and financial aid
- Pre-performance chat with renowned writer and dance critic, Wendy Perron!
* $10 ticket price in advance/$15 at the door.Contact email@example.com for reservation.
- Performance Showcase at 5 pm featuring live performances by 7 college dance programs*
This is a FREE event but requires pre-registration for students, parents and teachers.
to book your spot.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LIKE US & HELP US SPREAD THE LOVE ON FACEBOOK